Are you being MORE or LESS Fun?
If you had to choose from one of the following personal development courses, which would you choose and why?
a) Be more assertive
b) Be more time effective
c) Be more fun
Would you be surprised to know that most go for a or b – c hardly gets a look in.
What does this tell us about the world we are living in and what we are prioritizing as most important to our effectiveness?
With so much emphasis being put on wellness – it’s imperative that we look at our lives in a more holistic way and plan for being more fun as the benefits to our overall health and wellness are so great.
Research tells us that some of the benefits are:
- Physical – Boosts immunity, lowers stress hormones and decreases pain
- Mental – Eases anxiety and fear, releases dopamine for better mood and enhances resilience
- Social – Strengthens relationships, helps reduce/diffuse conflict and promotes bonding
Having FUN is different to BEING fun would you agree?
When I asked my daughter what the difference is she said ‘Being fun is creating fun in your surroundings and having fun is enjoying fun in your surroundings’.
Being fun puts the onus on us to be active in the delivery of fun.
Having fun allows for us to be more passive in what we need to bring and allows us be more in an observer/safe role.
Would you be hired or fired as your fun manager?
Would you be able to demonstrate and recall real live experiences of where you are being fun?
Are you using your skills effectively to be more fun?
If so – you are doing a great job, if not – you are not fulfilling your potential. Go dream up some fun and make it happen.
How to be more fun
- Relax – allow fun in, fun is an antidote to stress
- Be willing to let go of the serious for a while
- Spend time around fun – people who spark a sense of joy and environments that are designed with fun in mind
- Spontaneity – take on the discomfort of not always being in control of everything
- Appreciate different perspectives and allow your imagination take you on a journey
- Release your inner child
How to be less fun
- Don’t participate or contribute
- Over analyse or think about how you are being seen/judged
- Keep being the bad news bear – sharing the most depressing stories
- Sit back and wait to be entertained and being too critical of what shows up
- Continually talk about your busyness and how important your job/life is
- Show up tired all the time – yawning and talking about how little sleep you’ve had lately
Fun like all other muscles requires effort for us to build and sustain them.
Without it – life can be dark and dull.
With it – life is so much more enjoyable.
Go Be Fun – your health and well-being requires it.
Make 2016 matter
You might also like the following Related posts:
FREE Online Open Events – Advanced and Practitioner Coaching Diplomas
You are very welcome to come along to one of our next Online Open Events for the Practitioner Diploma in Coaching with Neuroscience and for the Advanced Diploma in Coaching with Neuroscience.
This is an excellent opportunity to find out more about the benefits of learning advanced and practitioner level coaching skills with a professional qualification from Positive Success Group.
Find out more about these highly successful part-time courses. Read more
Find out why you want to attend this event: Read more
ONLINE OPEN EVENT DETAILS
|Date||Monday, 21st September|
|Time||7.30pm – 8.30pm|
If you’re unable to attend please contact us to discuss. We are happy to answer any questions you might have about the course and coaching.