This year it seems like everyone is more courageous than any year before. At least this is what it feels like. Have you noticed? We seem to be much more aware of our environment, more aware of other people’s needs and the role we as individuals play in making change happen. And this year more of us really do take action.
I don’t want to think that it’s just a fad (because of initiatives like Ice Bucket Challenge) that will go away as soon as it came. I choose to believe that it’s here to stay. We want to be better and do better. Some make their actions more visible than others, including frequent social media updates 🙂 but that’s ok. Those in their communities may also become more aware and inspired to take action for a good cause.
Anyone will agree that this time of year is just perfect for heartwarming acts.
If you haven’t been particularly involved up until now, not really knowing what you could do, let us help. What seems to be the topic of many posts, updates, comments or conversations in media this December are random acts of kindness performed by strangers for strangers. Here is a list of some of the best ideas we came across or heard about.
Go on, get inspired to start spreading the joy:
- Rake someone’s yard
- Smile at five strangers
- Forgive someoneand never bring up the issue again
- Leave change In vending machine
- Send a “Thank You” card or a note
- Leave a generous tip you can afford
- Give someone a hug
- Let someone go in front of you (in a queue or in traffic)
- Donate books
- Offer to stay late and help
- Offer to help someone learn something you know/do well
- Bake cake for your team at work
- Take someone to the movies
- Give a glowing recommendation
- Leave a coupon behind in a supermarket
- Be generous with compliments
- Give event tickets
- Be kind to yourself
- Prepare extra snacks and offer them to your co-workers or friends
- Be a friend who really listens
- Chat to a homeless person over a “cuppa”
- Be kind to someone you are not so fond of
- Pay for the coffee, the toll, or the bus fare for the person behind you
- Renew a friendship
- Be happy for others
- Ask if you can help
- Ask someone “how are you?” mean it and listen
- Buy dessert for someone eating out alone
- Buy/carry an extra umbrella on a rainy day
- Give a lottery ticket to a stranger
- Encourage someone to pursue her dream
- Let it go
- When you hear that negative, discouraging voice in your head, leave yourself alone— you deserve kindness too
- Give chocolate generously and often 😉
Remember! You can’t perform an act of kindness for someone else and not benefit yourself. You will immediately feel positive, happier, more joyful and grateful.
If this list inspires you and makes you want to come up with even more ideas, DO. If you want to just go out there and spread the joy, DO.
But don’t forget to share with us you own best ideas for random acts of kindness as well as the best heartwarming stories you know. Looking forward to reading your comments.
FREE Online Open Events – Advanced and Practitioner Coaching Diplomas
You are very welcome to come along to one of our next Online Open Events for the Practitioner Diploma in Coaching with Neuroscience and for the Advanced Diploma in Coaching with Neuroscience.
This is an excellent opportunity to find out more about the benefits of learning advanced and practitioner level coaching skills with a professional qualification from Positive Success Group.
Find out more about these highly successful part-time courses. Read more
Find out why you want to attend this event: Read more
ONLINE OPEN EVENT DETAILS
|Date||Monday, 8th November|
|Time||7.30pm – 8.30pm|
If you’re unable to attend please contact us to discuss. We are happy to answer any questions you might have about the course and coaching.