Recently on a holiday in Malta I did something that was an Awesome First. I took a 3 hour Segway trip around the coast taking in quite rugged terrain and having to negotiate some pretty steep hills.
What I had forgotten is just how truly awesome it is doing something for the first time. I wanted to take stock of some of the awesome things we do now that we don’t take time to relish and savor.
For me some of the Awesome Firsts were..
- First time I traveled by myself to another country
- First time I used the microwave to make popcorn
- First time I got a real plant to grow and stay alive
- First time I shared something of myself on Facebook and felt good about it
- First time (and only time) I bought myself a car that I had dreamed of
- First time I felt I could do this’ parenting thing’ and survive it
- First time I coached someone and I knew I had found my purpose
- First time I gave an interview on TV and live radio
- First time I screwed up giving a speech in public and realized my head didn’t explode
- First time one of our cats sat and slept on my knee – I was accepted by them as worthy
There are so many awesome firsts in our lives. So many rich and wonderful times when we were brave and stepped outside our comfort zone and basked in the fleeting glory of our success. I have given myself a goal to produce an ‘awesome first’ picture board – why- because it would be an awesome first and a trigger of those positive emotions that are the fuel for a positive mindset.
Feeling awesome is a very personal feeling. It has uniquely personal blend of emotions that make us feel good about ourselves and others. If you want to raise self awareness and social awareness then pay attention to your awesome firsts and also look at what others do that are awesome.
Its refreshing and hugely rewarding to remind ourselves of how awesome it is to be human and how awesome humans are.
You might also like the following Related posts:
FREE Online Open Events – Advanced and Practitioner Coaching Diplomas
You are very welcome to come along to one of our next Online Open Events for the Practitioner Diploma in Coaching with Neuroscience and for the Advanced Diploma in Coaching with Neuroscience.
This is an excellent opportunity to find out more about the benefits of learning advanced and practitioner level coaching skills with a professional qualification from Positive Success Group.
Find out more about these highly successful part-time courses. Read more
Find out why you want to attend this event: Read more
ONLINE OPEN EVENT DETAILS
|Date||Monday, 8th November|
|Time||7.30pm – 8.30pm|
If you’re unable to attend please contact us to discuss. We are happy to answer any questions you might have about the course and coaching.