How to Choose a Life Coaching Course
These are the important questions for those interested in obtaining a quality professional coaching qualification and wondering how to choose a life coaching course.
“What should I search for and what should I expect from the college or training company offering the course?”
“What should the training programme cover?”
“How do I recognise the one that can most positively impact my personal and professional life as well as my earning potential?”
So in essence “How to choose a Coaching Course?”
Start with yourself
Ask yourself the following questions
- What is my purpose?
- Why do I search for a coaching qualification?
- How will this knowledge and these skills impact my life?
- Where and how will I use them in a future?
- What are my key learning objectives?
This will give you clarity and understanding of your own intentions. A professional coaching course is an investment, in time and money and in yourself, and it’s important to consider what you want.
- Do you want to become a professional practitioner coach?
- Do you want to up-skill and enhance your existing role
- Do you want to offer coaching as an additional service?
- Do you want to attend a course for personal reasons, to develop and increase your self awareness?
All of the above reasons are as valid as each other and maybe you want to learn coaching skills or become a coach for all or some combination of the reasons. Clarity in defining your own objectives is important.
The qualification you choose could help shape your life and have impact on your employability.
Coaching is now a recognised profession. There are professional regulating bodies that set well-defined standards in terms of accreditation, knowledge and a code of ethics. Research proves that every year more people all over the world choose professional coaching qualifications. As trained and licenced coaches they can therefore practice. Courses that offer accreditation bring credibility of learning and experiences that instantly identifies new coaches as having reached a quality level of coaching.
However, in the way that it is with all other interventions, standards of service vary. Be aware that many companies offer courses but what is their certification process and is it recognised in industry?
Strive for the best. As a future coach very early commit to offer coaching that meets the stringent requirements and criteria. With this in mind, you will choose the training programme that meets the highest standards.
So what should you focus on and what should you expect from the training company:
- Content of the course and syllabus that is of the highest quality, current and relevant for the market place
- High expectations in terms of students’ commitment as well as demonstration of behaviours and skills
- A credible and trusted qualification that is recognised on the market
- A coaching programme approved by professional coaching association
- Accreditation that is recognised nationally and internationally
- Understanding of people development and support that you will be offered as a student and a future coach
- Course assistants who are highly motivated, action orientated and results driven
- Professional and fully qualified facilitators
- A learning and development company that walks their talk through knowing, doing and being
- Years of experience on the market and consistency demonstrated through successes of graduates
Take Your Time
If you are certain that coaching qualification is what you are aspiring to obtain, take your time. A professional, accredited coaching course is an investment – not only in monetary or material terms but also in terms of time and effort. It requires commitment.
Take time when researching and comparing offers. Assess and evaluate to ensure that your decision is based on solid and comprehensive information. And most importantly ensure that the course you choose meets your own personal requirements and expectations.
FREE Online Open Events – Advanced and Practitioner Coaching Diplomas
You are very welcome to come along to one of our next Online Open Events for the Practitioner Diploma in Coaching with Neuroscience and for the Advanced Diploma in Coaching with Neuroscience.
This is an excellent opportunity to find out more about the benefits of learning advanced and practitioner level coaching skills with a professional qualification from Positive Success Group.
Find out more about these highly successful part-time courses. Read more
Find out why you want to attend this event: Read more
ONLINE OPEN EVENT DETAILS
|Date||Monday, 8th November|
|Time||7.30pm – 8.30pm|
If you’re unable to attend please contact us to discuss. We are happy to answer any questions you might have about the course and coaching.