“Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.”
Roy T. Bennett
Recently I read an article about brand new miniature robots called “xenobots”. Scientists have created thousands of random designs to simulate living cells that resulted in “Xenobots” by using an evolutionary algorithm. Michael Levin-director of the Allen Discovery Center at Tufts University in Medford, Massachusetts describe them as living, programmable organisms built from living cells scraped from frog embryos!. The thought of the future become very real to me. 2020 felt very different after reading that article.
I researched some more. Fascinating stuff. A lot of new things for me to get familiar with. My focus was getting wider and wider. Suddenly I wanted to be a biophysicist to understand better.
My self-coaching asked for a PAUSE. I reminded myself: “The reason I read this article was to take away a meaningful coaching piece to share in today’s blog”. My focus was back! Like a laser beam, it was narrowed pointing towards the direction I wanted.
With that in mind, I don’t need to be a biophysicist-neither do you– to understand that unlike “xenobots”, we do have a choice.
Being responsible for decision making is a very unique human feature. Think about the tiny “xenobots”. They seem to have no choice… yet.
With that in mind, think about having a choice to make an informed decision as to tiny “xenobots”. Each can be programmed with a very specific purpose. PAUSE. Gather information to inform the decision making. Evaluate the costs and gains of each decision for you and others. Consider the impact on energy for you and others. Choose wisely.
Activating the knowledge
- PAUSE: use the power to choose with purpose. Choose to PAUSE first!. Remember the tiny “xenobots”.
- FOCUS: Set a clear purpose. A purpose sets destiny. Aim to focus on something specific. Narrow your focus.
- NOTICE DISTRACTIONS: They are the things that drive you away from your what you intended to do.
- BE MINDFUL – KNOW YOUR LIMITS-: Energy is spent on every activity we engage in. What would you like to walk away with vs what you actually walk away with are two different mind-body states.
- ASSESS THE REASON BEHIND THE CHOICE: Ask yourself what is driving your decision?
- EVERY CHOICE IMPACTS YOU AND OTHERS: Every action follows instructions – a program. Attitude sets the tone for actions. The mindset gets reinforced by the quality of performance. Every choice propels the day, then the week, the month, year and decades for you and others.
- CHOOSE WISELY: Make it count!
Don’t take my word for it. Try it yourself!
I hope you enjoy this post.
Emerging opportunities arises moment by moment. Choose wisely.
FREE Open Events – Coaching Diplomas – Dublin, Cork, Galway, Advanced
You are very welcome to come along to one of our next Open Events for the Practitioner Diploma in Coaching with Neuroscience and for the Advanced Diploma in Coaching with Neuroscience.
This is an excellent opportunity to find out more about the benefits of learning practitioner level coaching skills with a professional qualification from Positive Success Group.
Find out more about these highly successful part-time courses. Read more
Find out why you want to attend this event: Read more