“And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
To be free from fear is a wonderful experience. Going through fear is a different one. Change and transformation processes awaken a deep desire to be different in some shape or form. Sustaining that momentum is crucial to achieving transformation. Having a strong desire to change and transform is great. However, what is greater is to activate it with action. Moving from feelings towards meaningful actions. A clear action that progresses in a consistent, diligent and disciplined manner. Thinking is the starting point. Action sculpts and defines change to elicit transformation.
Bring the desire to change into daily efforts. There are things that you can do differently. Be wise, change 1 or 2 things at a time. For instance, driving less. It might mean:
- Getting up earlier.
- Make new arrangements for your morning routine and dinner routine.
- New decision-making about transport.
- New opportunities: Walking, public transport, a lift with a friend, a time to think.
Consider the benefits and risks of such a small decision. Most importantly, consider the potential value that it can bring into your life. For instance, driving less to have time to think sounds more meaningful. Having time to think might be valuable to you. It might be enough to motivate you doing it. But what about if the goal is more specific?
For instance, you are going to France next year. Driving less to have time to learn to speak French. So your goal is to learn French over a year. Consider how this changes the interaction between you – the effort – and the desire – value.
It brings new opportunities and clarity to what is desired. Repeating clear and meaningful actions secures advancing towards change. Sustaining new changes throughout time results in transformation. It takes effort. Feeling a desire for change alone won’t do it.
Personally, what it helps me to stick to change and to activate transformation is to consider time and space. It anchors the feeling into the when and where. Offering a frame for the creativity to flow. Creating a plan and building the strategies are way easier when I know where and when I want to go. Know your destination. Repeat a set of actions to get there. Have a specific timeline. Follow a plan. Have fun and learn new things. Ask for support. Breakthrough fear over and over.
With that in mind, moving from feelings towards meaningful actions-in a sustained manner- is crucial to achieving transformation. Breaking through fear is transformation.
Activating the knowledge
- ACTIVATE: activate the feeling with action. Moving from feelings towards meaningful actions.
- CONSIDER NEW ACTIONS: be wise, change 1 or 2 things at a time. Bring new meaningful daily efforts that move you towards what you desire.
- FIND THE VALUE-THE BIG PICTURE: consider the potential value of “change” and what it can bring into your life
- BE SPECIFIC-KNOW WHAT YOU’LL GET: consider the interaction between you-the effort- and the desire-value-.
- THE EFFORT PUT INTO REPETITION: repeat clear and meaningful actions.
- BREAKTHROUGH: Sustaining your effort to change throughout time results in transformation.
Don’t take my word for it. Try it yourself!
I hope you enjoy this post.
Emerging opportunities arises moment by moment. Conquer the fear.
FREE Open Events – Coaching Diplomas – Dublin, Cork, Galway, Advanced
You are very welcome to come along to one of our next Open Events for the Practitioner Diploma in Coaching with Neuroscience and for the Advanced Diploma in Coaching with Neuroscience.
This is an excellent opportunity to find out more about the benefits of learning practitioner level coaching skills with a professional qualification from Positive Success Group.
Find out more about these highly successful part-time courses. Read more
Find out why you want to attend this event: Read more