At PSG we are very proud of our coaching community. All the coaches enrich the community with their great experience, knowledge and unique personality. Quality coaching lies at the heart of this coaching community. Every month we introduce you to one coach from the community. This is our way to offer you an opportunity to tap into this brilliant pool of wisdom and connect with our Coach of the Month.
In June we are delighted to announce that the Coach of the Month is Lisa Hughes. Lisa answered our 3 questions about her lessons learnt, fulfillment gained and her predictions on the skills that clients will want to focus on for development and growth for the remainder of 2017.
Here is our Coach of the Month – June 2017 – Coaching Q & A
PSG: In your experience, what are the top 3 lessons you have learnt that support your growth as a coach?
- Slow down and check in with myself, my clients and in general terms. So I journal every evening, checking on what went well and what I could do better. I have check in points with clients to make sure we are on track and they are getting what they need and I check in with my goals every month and every quarter. These ‘pit-stops’ help to keep me clear and focused as a coach.
- Slow down to learn – I am an avid reader and I love to learn so I have to discipline myself to not just read but also to apply the learnings so my clients get most benefit from them.
- Slow down and play – I love my work, I am so grateful I get to do what I love every day that sometimes I forget to stop and play. Play with my kids, my friends and my family. They recharge and renew me.
PSG: To – date, as a coach, what has brought you the most fulfillment?
When we create and hold space for clients who are so busy that they don’t get to reflect on what’s going on around them. You can see as the session unfolds the light bulb moments as they have an insight and gain clarity on challenges that seemed overwhelming before they came into the room.
PSG: What do you foresee as the key skills our clients will want to focus on for development and growth for the remainder of 2017
Given the hectic pace of change and the unpredictable nature of the world we now live in I see the key skills our clients will want to focus on will be agility, resilience and flexibility. Slowing down helps us to respond to curve balls and unanticipated changes and helps us to bounce back from adversity quicker than before.
FREE Open Events – Coaching Diploma – Dublin, Cork, Galway
You are very welcome to come along to one of our next Open Events for the Accredited Diploma in Executive and Life Coaching.
This is an excellent opportunity to find out more about the benefits of learning executive and life coaching skills with a professional qualification from Positive Success Group.
Find out more about this highly successful part-time course. Read more
Find out why you want to attend this event: Read more
Search Our Blog
- Coach of the Month- November 2017- Coaching Q & A
- Books That Change Lives – The War of Art
- Ready, Steady… Grow! 12 Quotes to Encourage You to Press the GO Button in Your Life
- Accountability. What does it really mean for your success?
- Press The GO Button. It’s about saying YES to new actions, intelligent risk, digging deep and doing it anyway