It’s amazing how much wisdom, experience and support is around us when we choose to collaborate with other like-minded people. At PSG we value highly our diverse community of coaches who are known for their quality, dedication and knowledge. That’s why every month we share the insights from one of our coaches with you.
In November we’re truly happy to announce that our Coach of the Month is Mary Malone. Take a look at what Mary has answered about her lessons learnt since gaining her Coaching Diploma, her most fulfilling moments, and her predictions on the skills that clients will want to develop in 2017.
Here is our Coach of the Month – November 2016 – Coaching Q & A
PSG: Since qualifying, what are the top 3 lessons you have learnt that support your growth as a coach:
1. Knowing, understanding, reviewing and being true to ME. It may seem like a simple task to define ourselves but actually taking the time to invest in ourselves can provide us with amazing results. Knowing what my values were and are was a key defining moment in my move forward as a Coach. Knowing that as my path through life moves forward it’s important to reflect on my values and acknowledge them while also adopting and embracing change from time to time.
Given myself permission to take the time to truly understand and define me, I most certainly never looked at my fears. With time, my fears have almost become my motivators; I have accepted them, embraced them and looked at how I can move forward while hitting them head on.
2. Growth never stops. It’s a lifelong willingness to move forward and learn. When we deal with people we realise the complexities of what people face daily. There is no way we can become a strong pillar if we aren’t prepared to grow internally on a daily basis. This is done, I believe, by up-skilling, by continuous development and by hard work. Our clients and more importantly ourselves deserve no less.
3. Reviewing ME as a Coach and all that it may entail. Ensuring I am the best I can be – being open, prepared and non-judgemental. I constantly check in with myself to ensure I am giving the very best that I can to my clients. If I don’t feel that I am doing them or myself a justice it’s time to make a change.
PSG: To – date, as a coach, what has brought you the most fulfillment?
There are two things really – (a) myself and my own development and general, honest happiness at being a Coach and (b) seeing a change take place before my eyes – in some cases it’s a small change, in others its massive and for some people it’s the acknowledgement that change is necessary while also being open to it. Watching people realise, accept and embrace their agh-ha moment as a result of coaching and I get to be part of it.
What do you foresee as the key skills our clients will want to focus on for development and growth for the New Year
PSG: What do you foresee as the key skills our clients will want to focus on for development and growth for the New Year?
I believe that 2017 will offer us advancement in growth both professionally and individually with focus on expectation and moving forward. We are taking a little more time, scrutinising what could have been and what we want…with all this in mind, I feel that the key skills required going into 2017 are.
1. We all have times whereby we know we want to make a change, do something different or achieve a difficult goal but we lack the confidence in ourselves or others therefore we don’t follow through.
2. Time Management – having time for us, time for family and time for work. Balancing all 3 is difficult and we often forget the ‘ourselves’ piece, which is silly as if we don’t look after ourselves how can we look after anyone else?
3. Reflection – taking time to define, understand, plan, drive and execute our individual journey through 2017. Truly reflecting on what’s important to us.
Mobile: 086 810 9473
FREE Online Open Events – Advanced and Practitioner Coaching Diplomas
You are very welcome to come along to one of our next Online Open Events for the Practitioner Diploma in Coaching with Neuroscience and for the Advanced Diploma in Coaching with Neuroscience.
This is an excellent opportunity to find out more about the benefits of learning advanced and practitioner level coaching skills with a professional qualification from Positive Success Group.
Find out more about these highly successful part-time courses. Read more
Find out why you want to attend this event: Read more
ONLINE OPEN EVENT DETAILS
|Date||Monday, 21st September|
|Time||7.30pm – 8.30pm|
If you’re unable to attend please contact us to discuss. We are happy to answer any questions you might have about the course and coaching.