It’s officially Spring in Ireland, even though we are not feeling it just yet in relation to temperature. I do hope that April will give us plenty of sunny days and time for optimistic gestures like throwing open all the windows and packing away the winter coats. Warmer temperature means more time outside and this is linked with better mental and physical health. I love everything about Spring because I feel that during this season I invite more light to my life.
If you don’t feel like that at the moment I want to share with you a little action plan for inviting the light of Spring into your body, mind and life. Here is what you should do to Invite the Light:
- Exercise! Start with 10-15 minutes of your favourite workout. You can play loud music and dance until you sweat or participate in a Zumba class. It’s all about feeling your heart race and warm up your body.
- Brighten yourself up! A smile on your face or colourful clothes will increase your energy level right away. You can invite some real, living energy to your home by bringing some fresh and favourite flowers or plants there.
- Meditate every day! Meditation is a conscious effort to change how the mind works. It’s good to practice meditation even for 5 minutes every day. The benefits are outstanding as meditation brings the brainwave patterns into an Alpha state that promotes healing. With a regular practice of meditation you will invite more light into your mind and life, you will increase your happiness and creativity, improve your emotional stability and immune system and you will increase your energy level and develop your intuition.
- Surround yourself with positive people! Surround yourself with people who make you laugh, who make you happy, who help you when you are in need, who build you up and believe in you.
- Change your eating habits! In my understanding the purpose of Spring is to really reawaken and rejuvenate the body. Remember to drink water. I love starting my day with a glass of warm water and a slice of lemon; it gives me more energy that day. Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Change something up! It may be time to change your style, your furniture at home, your daily routine, your perfume. Experiment with the newness. Choose one thing each day you will do differently.
- Hunt for an absorbing book! Get off the internet! Everything you read fills your head with new bits of information, with new ideas, with new approaches to daily life. It will open your mind; it will inspire real thinking and creativity.
- Find a new passion! There may be more than one passion in your life. Ask other people for ideas. See what others have discovered as their passions. The more possibilities you find, the more likely your chances of finding your true passion. And the Spring is a great season to discover one!
I believe that the much longer and sunnier days, a more positive and optimistic approach and the above suggestions will help you to invite more light to your life in Spring. You can do it! You just need to believe. Keep me posted on how you are getting on.
FREE Open Events – Coaching Diplomas – Dublin, Cork, Galway, Advanced
You are very welcome to come along to one of our next Open Events for the Practitioner Diploma in Coaching with Neuroscience and for the Advanced Diploma in Coaching with Neuroscience.
This is an excellent opportunity to find out more about the benefits of learning practitioner level coaching skills with a professional qualification from Positive Success Group.
Find out more about these highly successful part-time courses. Read more
Find out why you want to attend this event: Read more