Yes, this really is me when I was little and it was supposed to be a smile. It’s positive… but imperfect 🙂
When have you last had a good laugh at yourself? Have you ever? Would you be willing to show the world the imperfect you and let others see the real person that you are?
Our theme this month somehow requires a declaration. If I say “I am positively imperfect” it must mean something. If I am positive about it I want to show up with my imperfections, knowing that this is what makes me who I am, this is what makes me a normal human being. The positivity part means that before I can expect it from anybody else, that I AM OK with my imperfections. I accept them and they make me a real person inside and outside.
Is it easy? I am tempted to say “No” since my mind just suggested that “it is a very bad idea to declare your own imperfections and clearly nothing good can come out of it. This will have an impact on my image and might change how others view me as a person”.
So I say “Exactly!” For that very reason I am going to step up to the challenge and say I am imperfect and I feel good about it. In other words I feel good about being a human.
Would you be willing to declare some of your positive imperfections with me?
I invite you to join me in an acknowledgement and affirmation of our shared humanity. You are welcome to smile, laugh or even cry. You are welcome to shout “Yes, I do that too!”. I encourage you to comment and share some of your own imperfections. I invite you to be real and feel great about it.
This is what makes me positively imperfect.
I am positively imperfect because:
- Sometimes I say too much or I ask too many questions
- Sometimes I say nothing and I regret it afterwards
- I am quicker to forgive others then to forgive myself
- I stay when it’s time to leave and I leave when I should stay
- I miss the obvious and then wonder “How on earth did I not see this coming?”
- I am proud
- I constantly change radio stations when I drive to find music I like
- I am positively imperfect because I give advice when I am not asked for it
- My dinners are so bad at times that I wonder how my fiancé and I are still alive
- Sometimes I try to convince myself that things are okay when they’re not
- I want my writing to be perfect and then it’s not and it’s good because it’s still mine
- I get overly excited when something is important to me
- Sometimes I don’t let people in and keep my distance
- I listen to my self-talk even when the facts are to the contrary
- I think I can sing… I also think that I am the only person who thinks that
- I don’t always look after myself and treat myself enough (because I don’t always believe I am worth it)
- I like Toto “Africa” and I sing along
- I enjoy being alone
- I am not the best at resting and calming down. Yoga? No, thank you.
- “What do you mean you don’t like the music I like? How is that even possible?”
- Unfortunately you can’t visit me any time. My apartment is not “guests ready” 24/7
- I set the bar high for myself and others (often too high)
- I am obsessed with the TV series “Friends”
- In my wardrobe you’ll find a number of “what were you thinking” kind of clothes and shoes
- I still have them even though I bought them years ago
- I come up with crazy ideas and am very grateful to have people around me who can talk me out of them
- Nobody talked me out of writing this list so it’s done!
Now it’s your turn to bravely share your positively imperfect truth. Or maybe you want to share some of my own imperfections. It’s a freeing and enjoyable experience. Leave your comments below.
FREE Online Open Events – Advanced and Practitioner Coaching Diplomas
You are very welcome to come along to one of our next Online Open Events for the Practitioner Diploma in Coaching with Neuroscience and for the Advanced Diploma in Coaching with Neuroscience.
This is an excellent opportunity to find out more about the benefits of learning advanced and practitioner level coaching skills with a professional qualification from Positive Success Group.
Find out more about these highly successful part-time courses. Read more
Find out why you want to attend this event: Read more
ONLINE OPEN EVENT DETAILS
|Date||Monday, 8th November|
|Time||7.30pm – 8.30pm|
If you’re unable to attend please contact us to discuss. We are happy to answer any questions you might have about the course and coaching.