If you type in your internet browser’s search box “How to be…”, thousands of results will come up.
How to be happy… How to be positive… How to be productive… How to be creative… How to be a better leader… How to be a better parent… How to be a better employee… How to be successful… How to be… you!
Everyone offers advice. So we want to approach the topic differently. The truth is that no one can tell you how to be the best you. Only you know that. Following the principles of coaching we know that everyone is naturally creative and resourceful and able to generate the best ideas and solutions for themselves. Staying true to these cornerstones of coaching I argue that we already have our own individual “How to…” within us. In other words no expert can tell you how to be you. You are an expert on you.
This month we are looking at “Being awesome”. So do we want to know “How to be awesome…”? Not exactly. Simply because we believe that you already are! This means that you don’t even have to try. You already possess whatever it takes to be awesome in your own reality. All we encourage you to do is to notice that you are. Did you know that you do a lot of things that make you awesome?
To honour that, we encourage you to make a list of things that already make you awesome. Not in a week, in a day or in 2 hours – now! You are filled with awesomeness. It’s time to take a closer look.
So to set an example, here are some of my ideas. We can share them. You can borrow some and they are open for you to take but only if you find evidence of them in your own life. Take them if they feel true. Add more of your own and create your own daily evidence of awesomeness that is undeniable.
The things that make me awesome:
- The fact that I am making that list
- Investing in personal growth every day
- Support that I offer my family and friends
- Living through my passion as much as it’s possible
- Facing challenges like a BOSS 🙂
- Being organised and respecting time
- Speaking my truth and being honest (one of my values)
- Being the coolest auntie ever
- Showing up in my life even when it’s not easy
- I believe in hard work… and magic 🙂
- Getting out of my own way and getting things done (This feels like making room for some magic in your life instead of “but what if… but how do I… but why not… Should I first…” – Just shut up and make it happen Joanna, ok?
- Owning up to my mistakes and learning from them
- Looking for the best in people and believing in them
- Sharing my gifts and talents
- Loving music more than words can describe
- Celebrating my successes and rewarding myself for hard work
- The fact that I am good at planning and preparing work, projects, events. (I don’t have to mention that it’s annoying for some. They are just jealous of my awesome gift. 🙂 )
What a GREAT EXERCISE! This brought the best emotions in me. What a great way to remind yourself how amazing you are if you only make room in your day to notice that.
So now it’s your turn. “Steal” some of mine and add a long list of your own awesome qualities. It’s a bit like a meditation that enables you to see more of you. Sometimes our own view of self is distorted and unclear. Let’s add some balance. There are things that make you awesome and it’s time to see them and celebrate them. Celebrate being awesome. Celebrate being you.
You might also like the following Related posts:
FREE Online Open Events – Advanced and Practitioner Coaching Diplomas
You are very welcome to come along to one of our next Online Open Events for the Practitioner Diploma in Coaching with Neuroscience and for the Advanced Diploma in Coaching with Neuroscience.
This is an excellent opportunity to find out more about the benefits of learning advanced and practitioner level coaching skills with a professional qualification from Positive Success Group.
Find out more about these highly successful part-time courses. Read more
Find out why you want to attend this event: Read more
ONLINE OPEN EVENT DETAILS
|Date||Monday, 8th November|
|Time||7.30pm – 8.30pm|
If you’re unable to attend please contact us to discuss. We are happy to answer any questions you might have about the course and coaching.