Ideal scenario: I like you and you enjoy my company too. We’re not the same but we accept each other’s differences. I appreciate your strengths and you admire my qualities. We are friends, family members, co-workers. We are good together. We don’t always agree but we can see priorities, value our relationships and are open to honest communication.
But in reality it doesn’t seem to be that easy. We often notice flaws in others, find difficulties building relationships, sometimes struggle with communication, look for advice and help in seeing the best in each other’s. Ideal scenarios don’t apply.
Today, on the last day of our month of AWESOMENESS we offer an alternative exercise…
Notice different relationships in your life (especially those challenging ones) and change your perspective. What are some of the most awesome qualities in those around you that you haven’t noticed before?
Here is what I noticed in my family, friends and co-workers in the past week.
- Awesome enthusiasm – there is so much of it that I can borrow some (or even take) and there will still be enough for everyone in the room. It helps move projects on, make ideas happen, it raises the bar of the expected level of energy “Oh I better show up with my best too”
- Awesome creativeness – when people get together, magic happens. As simple as that. There is real evidence that 2 + 2 = 5. In groups ideas emerge, effective thinking occurs and results can be achieved. The potential is greater because we are much more creative in groups then we are on our own. The power of this can be seen and experienced by everyone. The meeting of minds yet again impressed me recently.
- Awesome truth – more than anything else, those around me have been true to themselves. And this is hands down one of the best observations I’ve made recently. I am guilty of offering advice sometimes, when I am not asked for it (ouch!). But those around me thankfully don’t seem to care. They still do what they believe is best for them and follow their own best advice. Because I can never truly know what’s right for other humans. Listen to yourself first!
- Awesome help – I noticed that those around me are always ready to help. It’s not obvious until I ask and then they show up with their best advice, support, resources and action plans ready to be there for me. Awesome quality indeed. People are willing to share what they have to offer with me. Sometimes the challenge is to ask… “Can you do that?”
- Awesome learning – people around me can and do make awesome changes in their own lives. Life can be unexpected, surprising and challenging. The ability to draw conclusions, adapt and show up with new levels of personal best is an awesome quality indeed.
What awesome qualities have you noticed in others recently? People are Awesome. Have a good look around, change your perspective, see the different side of the story, and give others a chance. In other words let yourself be surprised. There is awesomeness everywhere; we just have to be willing to see it.
FREE Open Events – Coaching Diplomas – Dublin, Cork, Galway, Advanced
You are very welcome to come along to one of our next Open Events for the Practitioner Diploma in Coaching with Neuroscience and for the Advanced Diploma in Coaching with Neuroscience.
This is an excellent opportunity to find out more about the benefits of learning practitioner level coaching skills with a professional qualification from Positive Success Group.
Find out more about these highly successful part-time courses. Read more
Find out why you want to attend this event: Read more