An Open Letter to My Potential
Well I guess I need to start by apologising for spending a large part of my life not believing in you. In school when I thought it was more important to belong in a group I excluded you and ignored you and treated you like you didn’t exist. In college I doubted you and compared you to others and chose to believe for quite a while that you would never amount to anything. If that wasn’t enough, in my early adult life I made you redundant (even though I never really accepted you). I allowed the old rule book be my rule book and dictate that as a woman you weren’t really that necessary once married ( you had a right to leave me then but you didn’t)
Can you ever forgive me ?
The reality is you were there all along – faithfully waiting for me – like the most loyal dog waiting for its master to take it on that big adventure, not the usual walk around the block, but the walk in the new park, the new path, the chaos of new sounds and smells with the experience being so stimulating that you need to go home and crash in front of the fire – that kind of faith – believing that we would have many days of pure joy at what we can do together. Ready to go at any moment. Never wanting anything in return – just being there, unconditionally.
Can I ever thank you enough ?
What you have given me:
- The ability to fulfill my purpose and passion in my personal and professional life
- The capacity to hold and juggle what seems like endless amounts of information to support my success
- The resilience and tenacity to deal with all the challenges life has given me
- The confidence that I really CAN do what I set my mind to
- The enormous sense of pride I feel when I receive emails and feedback that I have helped someone else fulfill their potential
- The desire to dig deep and dare greatly
- The need to continuously develop and forge new experiences to learn from
- The want to try something different just because I can
- The wish to see results for all the hard work we do together
- The perspective necessary to parent 3 strong-minded individuals and to develop their unique gifts and talents
- The immense satisfaction of being able to make a difference
So what’s next for you and me ?
I promise to respect your faith in me and treasure our on-going relationship – may it continue to grow and flourish.
I endeavour to bring us on amazing adventures so we squeeze every bit of experience we can while we are together.
2014 – Bring it on – you and me for ever!
Your potential is waiting for a new adventure – where will you take it ? – own your story
You might also like the following Related posts:
FREE Open Events – Coaching Diplomas – Dublin, Cork, Galway, Advanced
This is an excellent opportunity to find out more about the benefits of learning executive and life coaching skills with a professional qualification from Positive Success Group.
Find out more about these highly successful part-time courses. Read more
Find out why you want to attend this event: Read more