Yes, the time has come to think about New Year’s Resolutions. Before we know it we’ll wake up and it’ll be the 1st of January. We would all love to do our best to achieve what we plan, but sometimes it’s a challenge. The fact is that usually after a while we lose enthusiasm. What could we do differently to make it work? Achieving goals is a fairly detailed process, though many think otherwise. They say, “Get to it and everything will work out.” Why do we fail then?
Let’s start planning now to be prepared for the 1st of January. Why do we need more time? This stage is usually overlooked, neglected, but can determine our levels of success with what we intend to achieve: PREPARATION. Do you remember the saying “Failure to prepare is preparing to fail”?
Where do we begin?
- Set aside time to think, properly understand and precisely define what you want to achieve. Let your goal direct you towards what you value and care about most, instead of what you want to avoid e.g. “a healthy lifestyle” instead of “no more chocolate bars.” In this case, you want to understand exactly what healthy lifestyle means for you and what it looks like.
- Ask yourself “why” you want to achieve your goal so much. Understand your personal reasons and make sure they are your own (not your parents’, partner’s or friend’s).
- Look at your past attempts to achieve objectives and learn from these experiences. Look carefully at the situations from the past, when you completed what you had planned. What were the circumstances which determined your success, what worked, what was your attitude at that time. Which of these strategies can you use now?
- Significant conclusions can also be drawn from analyzing past failures. What does usually turn your attention away from the goal? What interferes and impacts your focus? When do you find yourself discouraged? And most importantly how can you prepare for these “challenges” right now, so you act in spite of them in a future.
- Do you remember the last time you were really excited about your future? Start today (even before the New Year) and begin to develop a positive attitude and generate the excitement that will accompany your purpose. Imagine yourself reaching your goal. Focus on details, let this image be real and trigger positive emotions. Our attitude towards what we want to accomplish is often a decisive factor in achieving success.
Now is the time for preparation. It’s similar to a taking a trip or having a holiday. It requires planning and readiness. Now is the time to do what’s necessary to ensure future success. Make a decision that you will not give up and this time you’ll make your own dreams come true.
Would you like to have a magic wand that could instantly get you from A to B, from here to your goal?
We’d love that too. Unfortunately for now that’s not possible!
What is possible though is to learn simple rules that will help turn your vision of the future into reality. You can set solid and achievable goals for next year and embark on your journey better prepared.
Join us for a short, evening workshop on the 13th of January and let us guide you step by step through the process of setting goals. You will learn and master skills for life. You will benefit from a group workshop but the plan will be yours.
You already have what it takes to make progress. Now make a decision and commit to it. Focus on your dreams, join us for this workshop and learn how to turn dreams into goals and make them real.
FREE Online Open Events – Advanced and Practitioner Coaching Diplomas
You are very welcome to come along to one of our next Online Open Events for the Practitioner Diploma in Coaching with Neuroscience and for the Advanced Diploma in Coaching with Neuroscience.
This is an excellent opportunity to find out more about the benefits of learning advanced and practitioner level coaching skills with a professional qualification from Positive Success Group.
Find out more about these highly successful part-time courses. Read more
Find out why you want to attend this event: Read more
ONLINE OPEN EVENT DETAILS
|Date||Monday, 8th November|
|Time||7.30pm – 8.30pm|
If you’re unable to attend please contact us to discuss. We are happy to answer any questions you might have about the course and coaching.