November is a month of thanksgiving.
You have probably noticed that we change our theme every month. It was very important for us to express our intentions clearly this month by choosing the right theme. This is when we found our November quote…
“Thanksgiving after all, is a word of action” W.J. Cameron.
Bingo, it is perfect!
So we come to you today with words, but giving thanks is about taking action. You have probably guessed that the action part is for each and every one of us to do ourselves. How can you express and show real gratitude in your life? We want to share with you our ideas for things that we usually take for granted. Think and choose how to give thanks for the ones that mean the most to you.
- Your support system – Who is in it? Have you ever thought about it? Family, friends, colleagues, soul mates, best friends, your “enemies”, kind strangers etc. What support do they offer you and how can you show that you are grateful for it? What have you learnt from them and what doors do they continue to open for you?
- All senses – This November experience and appreciate the world like you have never before.
- Hear the voices of those around you, truly listen to what they have to say, hear music and appreciate it. Listen to the sounds of nature whenever you can.
- See the world around you and notice more than you have ever noticed before, see colours of life, look up, look down, discover and admire new things that you have never spotted before. Maybe your usual way to work will become a brand new experience.
- Touch and feel the texture of fabrics. Pause and feel the water on your skin or the wind that blows through your hair. Hold hands of your loved ones.
- Smell beautiful scented autumn candles. Bake your favourite cake or cook one of you favourite dishes, share it with others, smell different ingredients and spices. Breathe and experience the smell of fresh air in the morning.
- Taste your wonderful dish or a cake. Experience every piece of food in a different way. Notice saltiness, sweetness, bitterness and sourness. Slow down and enjoy a cup of quality coffee or tea. You can enjoy it with all your senses.
- What it means to be human – Experience ALL emotions and consciously make room for them: happiness and love, but also sadness, disappointment, fear, your mistakes etc. Really pause and let yourself truly experience the emotion. Appreciate and embrace it. Feel what you really feel, for when we are truly human NOTHING can ever be outside our comfort zone!
- Your passion and what enables you to enjoy life most e.g. music, movies, maybe technology, animals, travel, fashion, books, sports etc. Discover again the activities you have been taking for granted. Understand again what it is that you love about them so much. Share them with your loved ones; let them be a part of your most enjoyable times. Do something different in a new way e.g. go to a different cinema for a really different movie, jog on a new path, plan a trip to a country you have never thought of visiting.
It starts with a true, mindful experience of maybe the usual thing or activity. This is what gratitude in action really looks like. It’s when we pause and notice the value we have never noticed before. Gratitude is when we say thanks out loud to those around us, ourselves and the universe for support that we have been provided. Start this November and continue. See what new habits you can develop that will be a foundation for your new, maybe more grateful way of living.
What would you add to your own list? What do you want to give thanks for this November and how are you going to do it?
You might also like the following Related posts:
FREE Open Events – Coaching Diplomas – Dublin, Cork, Galway, Advanced
You are very welcome to come along to one of our next Open Events for the Practitioner Diploma in Coaching with Neuroscience and for the Advanced Diploma in Coaching with Neuroscience.
This is an excellent opportunity to find out more about the benefits of learning practitioner level coaching skills with a professional qualification from Positive Success Group.
Find out more about these highly successful part-time courses. Read more
Find out why you want to attend this event: Read more