Recently we came across some interesting articles and blog posts. We’re glad to see that Wellness seems to the Number 1 topic at the moment. There’s no doubt that it’s time to change our approach to many things – to relaxation, sleep, food, relationships, personal effectiveness and our view of our self. We’re starting to realise that our energy is not endless, that using up all of our natural resources cannot be a long term strategy for success. It’s simply not going to work. There’s a clear demand for a new approach necessary in order for us to listen to our body and work with it not against it.
Here are some of the best tips to help you develop new habits and boost your energy in the day:
- Boost body and brain with the right breakfast – Don’t skip it! A large, healthy breakfast of the right foods is exactly what your body needs. Prepare it yourself, sit down and take time to enjoy it. Don’t rush. This is where your energy comes from to fuel your day.
- Increase physical activity – it helps increase your energy levels. Exercise has many good effects on the body and mind and helps you sleep better at night. Develop new habits that support a more active lifestyle. Choose the way that YOU enjoy most. Someone else’s solutions that don’t feel right for you are not going to work.
- Don’t drink too much coffee during the day and make sure that you drink your last cup no later than 3pm in the afternoon. Drink plenty of water – a well hydrated body functions more efficiently.
- Connect with people during the day. Take every opportunity to stop and listen. Be present when you talk to someone in person or on the phone. Really hear what they have to say.
- Keep time with your body clock. Some people get a burst of energy first thing in the morning, some are at their best towards the end of the day. Become aware of your own daily energy patterns. Then schedule demanding activities when your energy levels are usually at their peak.
- Have more fun – maybe you’re so busy with commitments and pressures that you don’t give yourself enough time to enjoy simple pleasures in life. What is fun for you?
- Learn how to relax – Experiment with different relaxation techniques until you find one or two that work for you. Simply learn to do nothing. A hectic lifestyle can be exhausting. Try to find some time in your day to relax and hang out. If you feel it might be a challenge, it is probably the right time to rethink your priorities and commitments.
- Relax right before you go to sleep. It helps to slow down your racing thoughts and draws your attention away from the challenges of the day. Make sure that your bedtime routine is contributing to the level of calmness and peace needed to fully drift away into a deep healthy sleep.
- Don’t drink too much alcohol too often. You’re less likely to wake refreshed and be at your best the following day.
- Don’t eat big, high-fat meals late at night and shortly before bed time. Large meals (even during the day) can drain your energy. Instead of eating three big meals per day, try eating smaller meals more often. This will result in more constant blood sugar and insulin levels.
- Get greens – what you’re eating and drinking determines how quickly your body will recover its strength. To super-charge your diet and energy reserves get green foods and drinks. Why? Because they deliver nourishing, antioxidants and digestive enzymes to your body.
- Make your bedroom a technology free zone. Make sure that you sleep in a clutter free, spacious and well ventilated bedroom
- Get enough sleep – adults need about eight hours sleep per night. Develop new habits and change your sleeping patterns if necessary to ensure you get all the benefits of a good night sleep.
These are our 13 tips to help boost your energy levels . What are your best strategies that help fight fatigue? What works for you? Share your ideas in comments.
FREE Open Events – Coaching Diplomas – Dublin, Cork, Galway, Advanced
This is an excellent opportunity to find out more about the benefits of learning executive and life coaching skills with a professional qualification from Positive Success Group.
Find out more about these highly successful part-time courses. Read more
Find out why you want to attend this event: Read more