August, is named after Augustus Caesar, one of the most popular leaders in history. He brought the Roman Empire to its ‘Golden Age’ and left a great impact on civilization. Not many of us will have the opportunity to leave such a legacy. That said, August is one of the longer months of the year, so why not use these 31 days to action plan your own legacy
What mark do you want to make on the world?
What are the things you promised to do in January but haven’t even started yet?
Here are 31 things to help you conquer August
and make an impact
- Start a list of what you are grateful for – commit to putting 1 item a day on the list for 31 days
- See how often you can give 31 minutes of your undivided attention to someone who needs it
- Each day choose 1 person to send a text or an email to – tell them something you appreciate about them
- Find the names of 3 people who have inspired you and make a note of what they did
- Decide to model some of the behaviours that the people inspired you to others – pass it on
- Capture your summer memories – journal or picture board the best of your summer experiences
- Redo a room – move some furniture around – change it up
- Invest in a new mug – your courage mug – every time you drink out of it – you will increase your level of courage. Great to start the day with a cup of courage.
- Identify a ‘trusted thought partner’ – someone you can share your challenges with and think out solutions
- Mix it up. Walk a different route, walk a different time, walk with someone else.
- Plant some thoughts. Get thinking about the next 3, 6 and 12 months.
- Let go of something that’s being wasting your energy and time
- Choose to go to bed 31 minutes earlier and get up 31 minutes earlier – notice the difference
- Find 1 new picture, 1 new poem and 1 new song to support a positive mood
- Choose a new exercise to try
- Find a competition you can enter – just for fun
- Ask 3 friends for feedback – what is it they get from your friendship
- Take a pal for coffee and listen 90% of the time without judging
- Show up for your family – really show up – be present and there not somewhere else in your head
- Do a technology clean up – delete the old emails, texts, voicemails. Save the photos you want and delete the rest. De-clutter and enjoy the clarity.
- Let someone else choose – give them the remote and enjoy their choice
- Research the things you want to do in Autumn
- Make meaningful decisions about how you will use your time best in September
- Sign up for some free talks on new topics
- Bring a friend to a concert and enjoy their enjoyment
- Follow your friends advice – try on a piece of advice from a friend – see if it fits you
- Get ready for the shift in seasons – plan some new tasks and activities
- Invest in you – choose something to learn for yourself
- Spend 31 minutes sharing your wisdom with someone who could do with your help
- Ask someone ‘how they are’ and listen, really listen, to what they say instead of rushing off
- Visit a beautiful place – somewhere that makes you go ‘Wow!’
FREE Open Events – Coaching Diplomas – Dublin, Cork, Galway, Advanced
This is an excellent opportunity to find out more about the benefits of learning executive and life coaching skills with a professional qualification from Positive Success Group.
Find out more about these highly successful part-time courses. Read more
Find out why you want to attend this event: Read more