MAY the full force be with you? – By Maureen Hewitt
This time of year is all about Exams – Junior Cert, Leaving Cert, College etc.. Even when we are far in to our adulthood we still remember the big exams! – mostly because of the big pressure, the big expectations and the big amount of cramming we did. For some it’s remembered as our key learning time ‘ school time’ .
What do you remember about those last years in education? – the exams most likely !!.
What’s happened to all of your learning – what’s happened to the knowledge – what’s happened to the wealth of experiences you gained during that time and since then ?
You don’t have to be in school to be learning, you don’t need an exam to validate your knowledge or a teacher to tell you whether you are living up to your potential or not.
One thing we all have in common is that we all are born with potential.
From that very first day of living we started learning.
What you have accumulated since the beginning of your life is a wealth of life experience that is the true driving force for your potential to develop and grow
During May, while others are doing their exams, examine the riches of your own life experiences and use this wisdom to support your future goals and plans.
You can start by studying the following:
- Think about all the major mile stones you’ve achieved (walking, talking, riding a bike, driving a car, travelling abroad, baking your first cake, getting your first job, leaving a job you hate, the first sunrise, the first time you stayed up all night, the first time you survived a dodgy curry)
- Think about your ability to make friends and build relationships and tolerate stressful situations.
- Think about the challenges you overcame, the complex situations that you found solutions for and the changes you made for the better.
- Reflect on ALL your life lessons to realize your FULL potential.
- Reflect on what you could do with that potential if you choose to use it
You could go Earthgaze like Commander Chris Hadfield did. Watching Neil Armstrong’s first steps on the moon in 1969 inspired him to dream of becoming an astronaut when he was 9 years old. He’s been an astronaut since 1992. I can only guess he will live off the riches of watching 16 sunrises a day for many, many years to come – here is a man who took his potential to outer space – MAY the force be with him!
You might also like the following Related posts:
FREE Online Open Events – Advanced and Practitioner Coaching Diplomas
You are very welcome to come along to one of our next Online Open Events for the Practitioner Diploma in Coaching with Neuroscience and for the Advanced Diploma in Coaching with Neuroscience.
This is an excellent opportunity to find out more about the benefits of learning advanced and practitioner level coaching skills with a professional qualification from Positive Success Group.
Find out more about these highly successful part-time courses. Read more
Find out why you want to attend this event: Read more
ONLINE OPEN EVENT DETAILS
|Date||Monday, 8th November|
|Time||7.30pm – 8.30pm|
If you’re unable to attend please contact us to discuss. We are happy to answer any questions you might have about the course and coaching.