Motivation is great. When it’s there, of course. We all love that drive and energy that it brings in us. We take action and make things happen, because we feel motivated. Immediately there seems to be more self belief and confidence. “If it’s meant to be it’s up to me” kind of attitude. Sometimes it’s even infectious. We share it generously with others, spreading enthusiasm, positivity and taking initiative. It all sounds fantastic. Obviously when motivation is there.
But when it’s not there, this picture looks slightly different. Usually we cannot seem to find a way out or actually a way in – to find this passion inside us again. So we wait, and wait and wait… “Is it there yet?… No, not today“. And another day goes by. Motivation is something that we quite often passively wait for as if there was absolutely nothing we can do to feel it again.
The good news is that there is so much we can do to get back on track
Let’s get motivated!
How to get more motivated today? The technique we’ll recommend involves visualization using all our 5 senses. Imagine your goal. We’ll introduce it using an example of personal effectiveness that we promote through our courses. So imagine what your life will look like when you are more effective in all you do. Use all of your senses:
- When I achieve more personal effectiveness I will see… (e.g. myself communicating with others more assertively)
- When I live more effective life I will hear… (e.g. my family laughing and having fun more often as I have time to spend with them now)
- Thanks to more personal effectiveness in my life I smell… (e.g. delicious coffee that I can enjoy with a friend or a colleague during lunch break)
- When I develop more personal effectiveness I will be able to taste… (e.g. a family dinner that I have time to enjoy now)
- When I achieve my personal effectiveness goals I will be able to touch/experience/feel…(e.g. successful and more fulfilled every day)
It works. It means almost imagining that you goal has already been achieved. It’s like “traveling” into the future and understanding what you life is going to be like. This can quickly bring back the boost of motivation and drive today. We don’t need to passively wait hoping for the motivation to show up all by itself. We can use our attention effectively and focus all senses on success. What keeps you going is the experience of what life is going to be like when…
So make things happen for yourself and set an example for others. Take action and enjoy positive results. And if you wake up tomorrow feeling that the motivation isn’t there – don’t worry. If you know what you’re aiming for see it, hear it, small it, taste it and feel it as vividly as you possibly can.
FREE Open Events – Coaching Diplomas – Dublin, Cork, Galway, Advanced
This is an excellent opportunity to find out more about the benefits of learning executive and life coaching skills with a professional qualification from Positive Success Group.
Find out more about these highly successful part-time courses. Read more
Find out why you want to attend this event: Read more